Friday, December 7, 2012

Season's Ponderings

Season's Blessings everyone!
     So here I sit contemplating what to do now that my degree program is coming to a close. Well, ok I have a little over a year but I simply must hunt up a new job. I sat down to draw up a  new resume and it occurred to me I have no professional experience in writing. I have been published in a magazine but I wasn't paid so I don't think I can count it. What does one do? Apparently there are student and entry level resumes, I think that may be the best way to go. All of the free templates ask for personal contact information so, of course, I prepare to let my typing fingers fly. My hemming and hawing reflect the fact that this is all new to me. My eyes begin to wander and stumble across some helpful tips provided by my chosen free resume site. There is mention of a more professional email address instead of the fun types we have for utility use. Well heck! So now I have to create a new email address just to start applying for jobs! I vaguely recall a media class in which we were required to have a Gmail account. After a bit of investigation I discovered a solution!
   My media class at good old SNHU forced me into uncomfortable territory. It required a Gmail account, a Facebook account, and a blog. Tech savvy is not my forte but it seems the more I write, the more techie I get. At any rate, I decided to take this blog out, pin it to the line and beat out the dust. Perhaps someone will stumble across it and give me the opportunity to prove myself. In the mean time, I'll put that resume together and start sending out over the webwaves and see what floats to the surface.
   At this time of year and all throughout the year I wish everyone the warmest of wishes. May everyone have a beautiful Christmas and cheers to a fabulous new year.    

No comments:

Post a Comment